Sarasas Witead Samut Prakarn is looking to recruit NES home room teachers for the Bilingual program starting May 07 2018.
We are located in Praeksa district. Ten minutes from the main Sukhumvit Road. The BTS station ‘Phreaksa’ is opening soon and will mean a 30 minute journey into the heart of Bangkok.
The school is just two years old and growing fast. At the moment, we start from nursery to grade 9 in the bilingual program. The positions offered are:
Kindergarten: 2 positions, preferably female.
M1-5 (grade 1-5): 3 positions
The school offers a 12 month contract to the right candidates with the following details:
– only NES, European or South African teachers with a degree can apply.
– working hours is from 7.15 a.m. to 4.05 p.m.
– starting salary is from 35k to 37k baht plus 3k baht for housing allowance per month
– 6k on top of the salary if you are chosen to teach the special class within the normal working hours.
– around 4-5 weeks paid holiday for the first year rising to 8 weeks in the second year.
– health & accident insurance are provided.
– overviews are prepared by the school.
– visa and work permit are provided by the school.
– some training is provided.
– Thai/NES staff are available to help 24/7.
The school is a Sarasas school and has it’s own curriculum, teaching procedures and methodology which is very rote based so the position isn’t for you if you find the Thai learning system frustrating. It is a member of the Sarasas chain of schools, some of which have better reputation than others but if you are flexible, culturally understanding and have a good sense of humor, you’ll fit in fine. The teaching day is rather busy with limited time for breaks and as a home room teacher, you assist the Thai homeroom teacher with all daily tasks (taking your class to assembly, helping with extra reading and vocabulary, preparing Christmas shows etc.). So you need to be energetic and enjoy what you do. Being a new school, we only have 5 NES at the moment so the team is rather small but growing.
The area in which the school is located is developing, meaning there is not much to do in the local area although it is developing fast (because of it’s proximity to the BTS station) and accommodation can be a little hard to find but we will try to help you with finding a place.
If you are interested, please send your updated resume and a recent picture to email@example.com
This is a direct recruitment by the school. Thank you very much.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN NES/EUROPEAN/SOUTH AFRICAN TEACHING POSITION. POSITIONS FOR OTHER NATIONALITIES WILL BE ADVERTISED SHORTLY.
Here is a link to our Facebook page with lots of photos of the school environment, classrooms and activities: